Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Justice - The start for me

I think I'm learning that when the church teaches and encourages personal holiness that this is good. But it is far better to make your holiness touch the lives of others; to try and see the world as God sees it; to not just do "charity" but to fight for justice. For holiness is bringing about God's Kingdom of justice, mercy and peace here on earth.

Injustice is not what God wants and is therefore sin. If I am called to fight sin then I must fight injustice.

Micah 6:8 (New International Version)

8He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

It is not enough just to hand out food to the homeless but I must fight for justice for the homeless, I must show mercy and bring peace where there is none and I must do this with humility. I must work towards fixing the inequality in wealth, freedom and opprtunity found between my own life and society and that of the poor in this country and around the world.

This is my story.

No comments: