Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Aggressive Love

Just read a most inspiring blog entry from a Salvationist in Australia about how groups of Salvation Army soldiers in the early 1900's would storm Japanese brothels to rescue girls. Read more here http://armybarmyremix.blogspot.com/2009/09/inclusive-love.html

I'm blown away that Christians would aggressively act in Love to save a lost life. Can you imagine a dozen uniform wearing Salvation Army men and women being beaten, spat upon and wounded while offering protection to women wanting to escape the life they were probably sold into.

What injustice am I prepared to stand up and suffer for?

As I continue to pray for situations and people here in Oxford I will be asking God to empower me with His Holy Spirit that I too, in aggressive love, may defend the weak, helpless and suffering.

No comments: